Tuesday, October 04, 2005

iMP Update


500 shows, 300 hours, 7 days of BBC programmes - right on my desktop. The BBCiMP (interactive media player) is looking like a good idea from first glances.

Ok, so you need to have IE 5.5+ and Windows Media player 9+ on your computer, but those services are used pretty transparently. Once the programme is opened and in your system tray, I closed IE and went back to Firefox usage without any complaints.

As I write this I've got last week's episode of spooks playing at a decent bitrate which I downloaded over a P2P network at around 750k/s. At full screen the quality visuals and sound is pretty good. It's not quite TV broadcast quality, but it's bloody impressive considering it's streaming at 1600*1200.

The DRM is some sort of downloaded license, probably managed by Windows Media.

More on iMP when I get to grips with it.

1 Comments:

Blogger Happybutterfly said...

Yep.I'm testing it too and it's fabulous!

10:24 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home