Thursday, December 15, 2005

So now you're through the archive

I thought I'd give everyone an opportunity to get through the archive before I started posting again ;-). Perhaps not so good for users of RSS readers who like to get through their daily dose of blog over cornflakes and coffee, but hey-ho.

I picked up an interesting article on the The Register. Apparently the X-box 360 isn't doing too well in Japan. Boo hoo. I'm not surprised Japanese don't like it. The Register give some pretty sound reasoning for it.

My personal opinion is it's too expensive for what it is, and there are no games I want to play on it.

For the price of a top of the range graphics card (to twin an existing 7800GTX for an SLI rig) I could have a next gen console? No contest. The answer why is Point 2.

There are no currently available games on the XBox 360 that I want to play, and of the ones that I do (such as Oblivion) they will be out on the PC anyways.

So if I'm gonna be spending £400 on new console rather than upgrading my PC, I think I'll wait for Nintendo's Next gen - which seems to be offering a different gaming experience from PC, 360 and PS3. Time will tell.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

PS2 Fanboy Alert!!!!

1:07 PM

 
Blogger Kroy said...

errrr... my PS2 isn't played as often as it once was largely because there have been few games that have interested me lately. At one point I had two PS2's both with Network Adapters; I was a PS2 beta tester for Sony; AND I was heavily involved in a certain well known PS2 community for oldies.

So the comment about me being a fanboy is at least two years out of date.

I know I know, I shouldn't feed the trolls. But I suspect I know who this is and I'll dealing large trout slaps shortly.

Next.

1:29 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home